Source: Healthy Eating for Life to Prevent and Treat Cancer by Vesanto Melina, M.S., R.D.; recipe by Jennifer Raymond, M.S., R.D.
Salsa and tahini pack the flavor into these burritos!
About the Recipe
317 Calories · 13 g Protein · 11 g Fiber
Broccoli is rich in vitamin K and calcium, which support bone health.
If the tortilla is made from wheat, barely, or rye, it is not gluten free.
Makes 4 Servings
- broccoli stalks (2)
- garbanzo beans (1 15-ounce can)
- roasted red peppers (1/2 cup)
- tahini (2 tbsp.)
- lemon juice (3 tbsp.)
- flour tortillas (4)
- salsa (6 tbsp. or more to taste)
- Cut or break broccoli into florets. Peel stalks and cut into 1/2-inch rounds. Steam over boiling water until just barely tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain garbanzo beans and place in a food processor with peppers, tahini, and lemon juice. Process until completely smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Spread about 1/4 of the garbanzo mixture on a tortilla and place in a large heated skillet. Heat until tortilla is warm and soft, about 2 minutes. Arrange a line of cooked broccoli down the center, then sprinkle with salsa. Roll tortilla around filling. Repeat.
- Serve warm.
Protein: 13 g
Carbohydrate: 50 g
Sugar: 7 g
Total Fat: 9 g
Calories from Fat: 25%
Fiber: 11 g
Sodium: 725 mg